Switched to my new blog, I’ll use this from time to time but I’ll be mainly on that. I’ve refollowed some people, but only about 40 out of 300. If you’re looking for me, check your new followers :) or you can ask for my new URL, either way, see you on the flip side.
Shout out to girls who don’t mind being called dude and man casually
shout out to boys who don’t mind being called guuurrl
shout out to humans who don’t mind being called dawg
shout out to dogs who will let you call them anything so long as you say it in a happy, friendly tone.
Long long day. Meep.
Work was lovely! I was on drinks the entire day, making cappuccinos and lattes and mochas and ginger and havana rum tea. I was with Fran and all I could hear was DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING and then a variety of hand gestures. It was so chilled, a nice end to the week, I got lots of compliments on my hands (shame I’m getting them removed) and on my drinks, from managers, staff and customers (mainly because I told various people that their drink was my first latte/cappa/whatever) so yeah it was nice. I went to see my Dad after work and I really wish I hadn’t gone. He looks awful, he’s red in the face with pain and he just seems to be exhausted and frustrated. His leg is on a machine and stretches it out and then bends it, the nurse turned it up 10 degrees and you could see his eyes going red and his face going redder and him breathing quickly and the could hardly speak to tell her it was too much and I had to go out to just compose myself. I can’t see that man in pain. He’s the strongest person I know and he looks right now as if doesn’t have the strength to bat away a fly. I’m not going tomorrow, seeing him full of tubes and whatnot is just not good for me, since I know I can’t help. I love him to bits and I’d suffer every minute for as long as need be if it meant he wasn’t in pain any more.
Fuck what a day.
Massimo Listri - Libraries, 1994-2002
Click for each location.
Aha, amen t’ that ;) Of course you do <3
Sounds wonderful, yes to everything! Let me know the date soon so I can book it off work :} xxx
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d
grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Kate. This is like, our lives.
here’s some advice, you should put yourself out there and get rejected, like let yourself be destroyed. take a risk on a fantasy you’ve played out in your head and let it not meet your expectations. it’s fucking liberating. take life as it really is and not what you make up in your head about things that are or could be
I’ve set up a new blog on another email account, I’m sick of this one, I’ve had it for years and I’m following too many people, so I’m going to re-follow the people I actually want to follow on my new blog and I’m not sure what to do with this one, maybe I’ll just password it or maybe even just leave it alone in case I want to use it again. Either way, this new one will be a more personal one, more or less completely personal posts - my writing, my photographs, my day to day goings on. It’ll also be good to be able to refer people who’re interesting in my work to a specific URL and whatnot.
Yeah I’m fine baby! Some people just assume the worst of me, and others stick their dirty little noses where they aren’t wanted, but it’s nothing that I can’t handle :) You are, however, more than welcome to kick ass anyway xxx
What Are Little Planet Projections?
We’ve seen these wonderful forms of photographic manipulation many times before on APOD, but how are they done?
To generate these images we start with a spherical (equirectangular) panorama. This is an image where the x-axis corresponds to the longitude around a sphere (0-360 degrees) and the y-axis is the latitude (-90 to 90 degrees).
For any longitude or latitude position on a sphere we can retrieve the colour directly from the corresponding x,y coordinates on the panorama image. A proper equirectangular panorama should be twice as wide as tall, e.g. 1024x512 pixels.
Stereographic projection is a mapping that projects a sphere onto a plane, as illustrated with the world map below. It is conformal, which means that it preserves angles locally (note the grid lines still cross each other at right angles) although it doesn’t preserve areas or distances.
As we already have the colour of each longitude and latitude point on a sphere from the equirectangular panorama the inverse stereographic projection formulas are used, as described by Mathworld.
Want to give it a try? A few folks have already written tutorials on this emerging art form. You can check out a couple of these tutorials over at flickr here and here, but I’m sure there are many more on the web. Now go on and make a couple of little planets of your own!
Want to submit sky or astro photography to CWL? Head over to the submissions section. If you’ve got some of your own or generally favorite awesome photos you’d like to share with us.. Don’t be shy! If it’s awesome, best believe it will be posted.